Reverse | Control | SLA | Swap
ReFlex is a returns order management solution enabling complex and flexible reverse logistics processes. ReFlex is an enterprise solution aimed at high-volume reverse supply chains that require full integration with various supply chain partners. The system consists of 4 main modules to manage the end-to-end reverse supply chain with returns originating from end-consumers, retailers and telecom carriers (operators).
Front End Module
The ReFlex Front End Module allows front-end users to register customer units and to create the corresponding repair bookings (RMA’s). If a specific origin has sufficient return volume it can be connected or given access to the system for direct RMA (booking) creation via the UI or connectivity. The Front End Module can be connected to the OEM Warranty repository: For units that fail warranty validation via this repository the Front End Module will require a POP date in order to make a valid repair booking.
From the Front End Module, units can be shipped to the next destination. The frequency of shipping will depend on shipping costs (~volume) versus SLA agreements with the customers, e.g. high-volume markets might send daily, low volume markets might send less frequently if customer SLA’s or swap policy allow for this. The system automatically generates the relevant shipping documentation.
Logistics HUB Module
The defective units are received in the Logistics HUB Module, where accessories can be taken-off the units and temporarily stored (as the units potentially have to be swapped, requiring transfer of the accessories from the old to the new device). Based on the inbound scan process, the system will route the defective units to the following destinations (if applicable):
- Repair Center
- Sample Collection stock (based on Sample Collection requests defined in ReFlex)
- Bouncer stock (based on historical transactions / bouncer logics defined in the ReFlex MD)
- No Repair Item stock (based on ReFlex product MD)
- Defective Goods Inventory (based on the repair planning entered into ReFlex)
ReFlex supports two main return methods:
- Same-for-Same: This method is mostly used for the end-consumer market. The system waits for the original unit to come back from the repair center, but will propose a swap to meet the customer SLA if the unit stays in repair too long.
- Like-for-Like: This method is mostly used for the carrier market. The system will trigger swaps in bulk to fulfill the carrier RMA. Different fulfillment methods are supported, e.g. based on Return Volume Accuracy (RVA) or on Turn Around Time (TAT).
When receiving units back from repair, the system will route the units to the following destinations:
- Return Customer (if unit was not yet swapped back to the customer)
- B-Grade swap stock (if original unit was swapped back to the customer; based on a repair update message, the Repair Center has not only repaired but also refurbished the unit)
- Repair Center (if original unit was swapped back to the customer and the Repair Center has not yet refurbished the returned unit)
- BER stock
Units (repaired / swapped) that need to be returned to the Return Customer will be consolidated into individual shipments by the system. The system will generate all relevant shipping documentation.
Repair Center Module
The Repair Center Module consists of a connectivity suite and a user interface (as backup). The following messages are supported:
- Itemized repair prealert to the Repair Center
- Update message to/from Repair Center (e.g. Parts Hold, Refurbishment required)
- Itemized return prealert from the Repair Center
Call Center Module / OEM Module
Within ReFlex, a call center module has been integrated to deal with exceptions (e.g. request POP, lost/missing items, etc) and an OEM module to do planning, Masterdata, software activation and to obtain full management visibility.
The ReFlex reverse logistics management system has a set of special features based on many years of experience in managing reverse logistics solutions:
- Software Version Control (SW Version Management, SW Version Activation, Stock blocking)
- Planning (hold products/repair strategies), throttle and re-route repair volumes
- Sample Collection management
- Bouncer and Repair Warranty management
- Flexible Integration to all relevant parties/systems (e.g. to adhere to strict operator requirements)
- SLA profile management (Customer SLA, Product SLA, Repair Center SLA)
- Automatic Swap Order prioritization
- Integrated Contact Center module
- Exception case creation and management (incl. unidentified items)
- Real-time reporting (via HMS interface, reporting engine interface, or scheduled over SMTP/FTP)
- Data enrichment (OEM EM, OEM Complaints database)
- Automatic proposal of Courier based on best price still meeting customer SLA
- Automatic e-mail notifications (e.g. SW validation, ASN errors, Repair Center return issues )
- Accessory take-off and temporary storage
- Pre-defined and auto-allocating warehousing methods
- Address validation/completion functionality
- Multiple warehouse areas (stock types) within one warehouse with different storage methods
- Capability to transfer orders directly to external supplier or close orders for transfer to credit
- Flexible labeling & documentation (e.g. to adhere to operator requirements, customized letters to consumers)